Wednesday 22 June 2011

Product review - Sally Hansen Salon Effect

Sorry for the lack of outfit post this week, I have the worse case of flu ever. Let me tell you, what I wore this week is not outfit post material. But I'll get back on track next week. In the meantime, I decided to do a little review of a product I tried this week.

Here's the deal. I love nail polish but I rarely have the time to put it on. And unless I got my nails professionnaly done, my manucure rarely last more than a few days (and yes, I put on a base and top coat, I'm just a very manual person and they often get scratched). So this new product by Sally Hansen was very appealing to me.

What is it ? It's a stip of real nail polish that you just put on top of your nails. It promises to last up to 10 days and can be removed with nail polish remover.

What I got ? Even if it comes in cute patterns, I went with the hue "It girl" that is a bright hot pink. I had a special occasion and wanted my toe nails to match and I went with a regular nail polish for them.

My review. Application is totally mess free. It's a little tricky at first but once you get the hang of it after a few nails, it's really easy and fast too ! Just be careful not to stretch the polish strip when getting the wrappping off (wich I guess is even more important with the patterned ones), it makes it harder to apply.  I've had it on for 3 days now (and I took the picture today) and there's still no chipping in sight (wich for me is really good) so I'm guessing it's pretty durable too. I messed one up during application (the first one) so I had to take it off with nail polish remover and it was as easy as with regular polish. The finish product is pretty close to a professional one, it's glossy and really look like regular nail polish.


The only con for me is the price (I paid around 9$ at Walmart). With one box you can only do one sets of nails. Shure it's less expensive than professionnaly done nails, but it's more expensive than regular nail polish. Depending on how long it lasts, the price might be worth it for me (I'll let you know).

I will definitely buy that product again and next time, I will try the cute patterned ones. If you decide to try them on for yourself, let me know what you think !




P.S. This review has not been paid or sponsored and is representative of my honest opinion.  Hope you enjoyed it !

No comments:

Post a Comment