Friday 24 June 2011

Friends friday - Blogging changed my life

We all have our personnal reasons for starting blogging. I actually started over 5 years ago as a creative outlet for my artwork and crafts (I still uptate that blog weekly HERE). Late last year, I discovered the amazing world of fashion blogging I foud it to be the source of inspiration I was looking for. But back to this week topic, how blogging as changed my outlook on fashion.

1.      Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping?

(via Rotten Tomatoes-

I actually started to shop my closet wich is huge. I was the kind of girl who never had something to wear with a full closet. I was always wearing the same pieces together and not remixing the ones I already had to makes new outfits.

Now, I go for more versatile pieces and I don't settle for a piece that is just okay. I'm also more daring than before as far as color, shapes and patterns goes.

2.      Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that?

I don't have a very fashionable life and that was getting me from trying new things. My family and friends are very casual, and since I'm a lawyer, my co-workers are more on the conservative side (in fact, most of them are mens). So I would say that I dress differently since I'm a fashion bloggers. I decided that life is too short not to have fun with style.

3.      What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it?

Bold pattern mixing ! I will definitely try it, the real question is am I gonna leave the house !!!!

4.      Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do?

I love color blocking, but I never did it with two very bright colors, like fushia and orange, or bright green and yellow.

5.      Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices?

I'm always so excited when Bree from Atlantic Pacific is posting, she's amazing ! She can take classic pieces and mix them up in a fresh and modern way. I'm re-building a work wardrobe right now and I am really inspired by her glamourous and put together look.


It's your turn my lovelies, how has blogging change your input on fashion ?



Photo by Robert Zuckerman/Touchstone Pictures
)

1 comment:

  1. With so many inspirations and influences in the online community, I find blogging as a comforting space where you are free to share your insights. Sure, there are endless debates as to which pattern or color is better, but bloggers acknowledge your fashion style as your own brand.

    ReplyDelete