I started by making a list using the knowledge I gained in the previous steps.
I set up a budget of how much I'm comfortable paying for all those things keeping in mind somes personnal shopping rules I learned over the years.
- SAVE : On the fasionnable items that your gonna get tired of sooner than later and on the accessories that are a great way to spice up and elevate a look to the next level at a low price. I love Forever21 and H&M for those kind of pieces.
- INVEST : On staple pieces, like a pair of neutral pants with a good fit, that you'll wear over and over, that can be remixed numerous times and are not gonna go out of style over the years
- SPLURGE : Only when the budget is permitting and on special pieces that are gonna last years and years, like a great leather handbag, a great coat, a timeless silk scarf (you can see I tought about this one a lot !!!)
- DONT SETTLE : Don't buy a piece only because it's unexpensive, don't pay for a piece that doesn't fit perfectly (unless it can be altered at a reasonnable cost, working with the clothes is totally okay and sometimes necessary) and don't spend on a piece that is just okay, you'll get tired of it too soon.
- DONT FORGET TO REMIX: If you can't figure out at least 3 ways to wear an item, you're better off !
When shopping online, I always pay attention to
- Sizing charts (and for this one it is good to know your mesurements)
- Comments of users on the product: is it smaller than the average ? is the cut flattering ?
- Shipping charges and the possibility of custom fees and taxes if the store is outside Canada, I want to know exacly how much I'm spending.
- Subscribe to the newsletter of your favorite stores so you'll be notified when there are sales, free shipping, etc.
- Shop the sales (of course)
- Susbcribe to private discount online stores like Beyond The Rack (if you need an invite grab one HERE).
- Shop in outlet or discount stores
P.S. Friday I'm hosting a "What's in your handbag" post. You're all invited to share what's in yours, what you never leave the house without and there will be a Mr Linky to leave a link to your blog post for everyone to read ! Let's spill our secrets girls !!!
Post a Comment