The other day I saw THIS PRETTY NECKLACE on pinterest. I just tought it was perfect... until I clicked on the link and saw the over 200$ pricetag. Then the crafty part of me tought, I can totally do this myself. And here you are.
To do this you need to know the most basic and easy crochet stitch (it's actually the first thing you learn when learning to crochet), the single crochet. That's it ! Anyone can do this I promise. To learn the stitch, THIS VIDEO is awesome. I promise it's really easy. And please email me or feel free to ask any questions in the comment section.
- SUPPLY: Yarn, chain, rhinestone chain, jewelry jump ring and lobster clasp (or any other clasp you want). You will also need a crochet hook, mine is a size 5mm, wich is the bigger size that I was able to get through the chain.
- Take a chain of the desired lengh of the inside of the necklace and install your lobster clasp with the jump rings. Knot your yarn at the end of the chain.
- Put your hook through the chain
- With your hook, go grab the yarn and pull a loop through
- Now using chain as the base of your crochet work, crochet 2 single crochet in each chain link all the way to the end of the chain (if your chain is smaller, only do one single crochet in each chain link) To learn how to do a single crochet, see the video I mentionned before.
- You will need to make 4 single crochet row in total (including the first one). This is how it's looking when it's done.
- To finish the crochet part of the necklace, cut the yarn and pull the end if it inside the loop and pull.
- Now you will sew the bottom chain to the necklace with the yarn and a needle.
- Quick tip, close the necklace and put it flat on a table while doing this, so you'll end up with the right shape. The bottom chain should be longer than the inside one.
- Now you're all done
- Now the last step, again with a needle and yarn, is to sew the rhinestone on the middle of the necklace.
- Now that you're done, cut the rhinestone chain at the end and you're done !
PS. Again, feel free to ask any question in the comment section, or send me an email ! And to see my other DIY projects, click HERE.