Wednesday 8 June 2011

Guest blogger - Cee from Coco and Vera

Hi! I'm Cee from Coco and Vera. Marie-Eve asked me to do a guest post for her while she's away in sunny Cuba. (So envious!)


We haven't had anything like summer weather here in Vancouver yet, but in honour of Marie-Eve's summer getaway, I wanted to share some of my favourite spring/summer trends with all of you.

Brights!



I'm a well-known neutral-lover- I have a black version of almost every piece of clothing I own- but this season I've really enjoyed bringing some excitement to my wardrobe with bright pops of colour. I especially love blue and yellow shades. (I'm still working up the courage to try orange.)

Florals



My grandma has always been my style icon, and I love the idea of stepping back into her closet, but adding a modern twist. Florals are the easiest way. A great print is romantic, feminine and, in the right piece of clothing, absolutely timeless.

Neutral Duos



I might be a late-comer to this trend, but lately I've been admiring girls who can effortlessly pair colours that don't traditionally "go together", like black, brown and white, or black and navy.
Sparkle


I have a serious soft spot for sequins and glitter in any season, but summer is a time when anything goes- what better opportunity to embrace your inner girly-girl and choose an over-the-top sparkly dress?
Thanks for reading, lovelies, and thanks to Marie-Eve for inviting me to write a post for her while she's enjoying the beach in Cuba. I'd love it if you all stopped by my blog and said hello!




No comments:

Post a Comment